Thursday, July 29, 2010

FAVORITE THINGS




















A jubilant Goosey Fernandes, owner of Panjo, the hand-reared tiger who was found on Wednesday night after going walkabout for two days, celebrated by opening a bottle of whiskey for himself, and a bottle of milk for his beloved animal.


"When I called out to him, he came straight towards me, put his head on my shoulder and purred," Fernandes told the South African Press Association over the phone.

"And he carried on purring all the way back; this is how I communicate with him, we understand each other ... Everyone is now having a whiskey at home, we are ecstatic and relieved."

Panjo was found in the bushes near Verena, Mpumalanga, at about 8pm.

A frantic search began for the majestic animal after he jumped out of his owners' bakkie in Delmas on Monday evening.

"He was frightened, terrified. I lured him with a piece of rump steak ... but he knew me already," Fernandes said before calling out Panjo's name.

*sigh* Good :)

No comments: