Saturday, November 28, 2009
Our foods at Chipotle have no artificial colors or artificial flavorings.
· Our foods contain zero trans fats. Although by law we can say that our large burrito tortillas and our small soft taco tortillas contain zero trans fatty acids, they actually contain a negligible amount. Since a serving of our large burrito tortillas and our small soft taco tortillas contains less than 0.5 gram of TFAs, we are required by the FDA to declare the content of these tortillas as "zero” grams. The rest of our foods do not contain any trans fats at all.
· We use no peanuts, tree nuts or any other kind of nuts in our foods. Only our cheese and sour cream contain any dairy. And there are no eggs in our foods.
· Chipotle is the largest restaurant buyer of avocados and naturally raised meats in the country.
· We offer a number of vegetarian and vegan dining choices.
· There’s a picture of Evans, our first restaurant, in every Chipotle.
· The Evans restaurant was originally a Dolly Madison ice cream parlor.
· Chipotle’s first restaurant manager, Joe Stupp, still works for us as Manager of Duct Tape and Plungers (the website guy).
· We’ve only had one change in our menu in 13 years—the addition of salads (and chipotle-honey vinaigrette) in 2005.
· Steve Ells modeled Chipotle after the taquerias in the Mission District of San Francisco.
· Over three hundred of our restaurants currently recycle glass, plastic, and/or cardboard.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Peanut Butter or Die.
I have a problem with peanut butter. I need it. I need it to live. Seriously. I might move to India but for the lack of peanut butter. I nearly died there for 3 weeks without it. And, no need to tell me about substitutions or fancy cashew butter. That won't cut it.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
TOO-RA-LOO-RAL (THAT'S AN IRISH LULLABY)
Over in Killarney
Many years ago,
Me Mither sang a song to me
In tones so sweet and low. Just a simple little ditty,
In her good ould Irish way,
And l'd give the world if she could sing
That song to me this day.
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, hush now, don't you cry!
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, that's an Irish lullaby.".
Oft in dreams I wander
To that cot again,
I feel her arms a-huggin' me
As when she held me then.
And I hear her voice a -hummin'
To me as in days of yore,
When she used to rock me fast asleep
Outside the cabin door.
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, hush now, don't you cry!
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, that's an Irish lullaby.
LES CHAMPS ELYSEES
Je m`baladais sur l`avenue le coeur ouvert ? l`inconnu
J`avais envie de dire bonjour ? n`importe qui
N`importe qui et ce fut toi, je t`ai dit n`importe quoi
Il suffisait de te parler, pour t`apprivoiser
Aux Champs-Elys?es, aux Champs-Elys?es
Au soleil, sous la pluie, ? midi ou ? minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez aux Champs-Elys?es
Tu m`as dit `J`ai rendez-vous dans un sous-sol avec des fous
Qui vivent la guitare ? la main, du soir au matin`
Alors je t`ai accompagn?e, on a chant?, on a dans?
Et l`on n`a m?me pas pens? ? s`embrasser
Hier soir deux inconnus et ce matin sur l`avenue
Deux amoureux tout ?tourdis par la longue nuit
Et de l`?toile ? la Concorde, un orchestre ? mille cordes
Tous les oiseaux du point du jour chantent l`amour
I trotted on the avenue my heart opened to the unknowns
I wanted to say hello to no matter whom
No matter whom, it could be you, I`d said anything to you
It was enough to speak to you, just to calm down.
You said to me `I was pinned in a basement with fools
Who live guitar-in-hand from dusk till dawn`
Then I accompanied you, one sang, one danced
Any one who did not even think of embracing oneself
Yesterday evening two unknowns and this morning on the avenue
Two in love all dazed by the long night
And to the Star of Concord, form an orchestra with thousand cords
All the birds at day-break singing for the love
Saturday, November 7, 2009
This is brand new style of Snuggle meant to give a little curl-up place for frightened shelter animals. The psychological effects of this design is a great comfort in feeling safe. Even pets who are safe in their own home would like to have their own Snuggle Tubbie.
HUGO Naturals - good for you, good for the earth
A handcrafted blend of nature's most moisturizing ingredients. Cruelty-free, with vitamin C, E and A to revitalize skin. It is gentle and safe enough to use on both face and body.
Vanilla & Sweet Orange Bar Soap
Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Castor Seed Oil, Distilled Water, Coconut, Safflower Seed Oil, Sorbitol, Sorbitan Oleate, Soybean Protein, Natural Vitamin E, Madagascar Vanilla Fruit Extract, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Oil, Sweet Orange Seed Oil, Lemon Fruit Oil, Natural Color, May Contain Whole Flowers and Herbs
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Dale Denton: Hey, man, what happened to your lip?
Saul: Yeah... it looks like you've been crying or something...
Red: Um, actually, my lip, that's a cold sore. And I've never had a cold sore before, so I cried.
Saul: Dude, a cold sore? Does that mean like... herpes?
Red: Yes, that's what it means. I have herpes.
Saul: Herpes... Whoa, do you know how many, like, joints we've shared?
Red: Yes, I know, I'm a disgusting person.