Saturday, November 28, 2009
Our foods at Chipotle have no artificial colors or artificial flavorings.
· Our foods contain zero trans fats. Although by law we can say that our large burrito tortillas and our small soft taco tortillas contain zero trans fatty acids, they actually contain a negligible amount. Since a serving of our large burrito tortillas and our small soft taco tortillas contains less than 0.5 gram of TFAs, we are required by the FDA to declare the content of these tortillas as "zero” grams. The rest of our foods do not contain any trans fats at all.
· We use no peanuts, tree nuts or any other kind of nuts in our foods. Only our cheese and sour cream contain any dairy. And there are no eggs in our foods.
· Chipotle is the largest restaurant buyer of avocados and naturally raised meats in the country.
· We offer a number of vegetarian and vegan dining choices.
· There’s a picture of Evans, our first restaurant, in every Chipotle.
· The Evans restaurant was originally a Dolly Madison ice cream parlor.
· Chipotle’s first restaurant manager, Joe Stupp, still works for us as Manager of Duct Tape and Plungers (the website guy).
· We’ve only had one change in our menu in 13 years—the addition of salads (and chipotle-honey vinaigrette) in 2005.
· Steve Ells modeled Chipotle after the taquerias in the Mission District of San Francisco.
· Over three hundred of our restaurants currently recycle glass, plastic, and/or cardboard.