Wednesday, May 16, 2007

"CARA MIA" - "MON AMOUR" (kiss)

For as long as I can remember I've always believed that roses wrapped in sheet notes were one of the most romantic gestures. I get that same feeling when it rains. Call me a "romantic." I see nothing in a seven course meal, complete with valets and matron's - calamari on one side and escargot on the other. Give me a small cafe with candles and books and I'm satisfied. I remember the time I read Romeo and Juliet, and I thought how could love ever be the same? Why was it that every boy I knew was so practical...so dull? I got strange looks when I hinted about how wonderful it would be to slow-dance in the rain. Quiet thoughts of "you would get wet" and "what for?" - was all I really needed to hear, to decide I was not in the right place. I'd dream my little romantic dreams by myself. It's funny how a person comes into your life, isn't it? How he manages to change it all...and you life it! I remember the first time he said I was beautiful. It was thrilling and chilling all in the same emotion. Then to hear it again and again, slowly exchanging personal thoughts, to find them returned with the same effort and enthused. I remember when he said "I love you." How his voice was a little different. I wonder how I sounded when I said it back? Its the little things that matter. The writing "I" on one page of his notebook, then "L" on the next page, then "O" on the next page until it spelt out "I LOVE YOU." To watch him talk. How he'd have that content smile when he'd stare at me. To watch him mumble how tired he was and put his head down into my arms. He gave me a pressed flower, he'd had a year...he announced to me "I have some thing to give you," when he gave it to me. The way he's play with my hands and touch my arms and pull at the skin on my elbows. The way he'd slurp him coffee. All this may bore anybody else. But when you're in love, well its...beautiful.

No comments: