Wednesday, April 13, 2016



















A German woman has woken up from a seven year coma after she was taken in a wheelchair to see Bryan Adams in concert. 

Christiane Kittel, now 24, was a pupil at her local school in Regensburg, when she fell into a coma. 

Doctors diagnosed a lung embolism and, despite emergency surgery to save her life, Christiane never fully recovered - spending the last seven years in a coma. 

Her mother, Adelheid Kittel, said: "Bryan Adams was always her biggest hero and she loved his music before she fell into a coma. 

"When I heard about the concert in Regensburg I knew straight away that I had to take her there. I decided that Christiane had to hear him. 

"Christiane was sitting in her special wheelchair and suddenly she started showing reactions that for seven years we have been dreaming of. 

"She opened her eyes and actually watched what was going on, she started to move in the wheelchair, and she was totally fascinated by the music and the singer. 

"I will never forget it, I could have hugged the whole world. When we got back to the clinic she was still animated, and three times she called my name, she said Mama." 

Her doctor Gerhard Weber confirmed she has suffered no relapses since the recovery. He said: "She is a perfect example of the fact that despite the very worst injuries there is always hope."


Well I'll be darned, Bryan Adams does have a useful purpose in life. ;)

3 comments:

prairiegirl said...

Oh WOW! Incredible story!
Music heals. No doubt.
I bet she loved it when he sang Run to You!!! 💙
Hopeful & hearfelt story. Thanks for sharing, S.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

This is very inspiring and heartwarming :)

J said...

Brings tears to my eyes -happy tears. "There's Always Hope" :)