Thursday, July 19, 2007

DAD

Years and years - Dad, Christopher (8 years old) and me (10 years old) moon, calm night alfalfa winds. My Dad, alfalfa and mouth, waders. Christopher and me, alfalfa and mouth, bare feet. Dad, Christopher and me sit, "Kids, when alfalfa is to be used as hay, it is usually cut and baled. The hay is cut just as the field is beginning to flower. The swather, which cuts the alfalfa. After it has dried, a tractor pulling a baler collects the hay into bales. The small square bales weigh between 60 pounds." Dad songs: (cough)

"Moon River, wider than a mile, I'm crossing you in style some day. Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker, Wherever you're going I'm going your way. Two drifters off to see the world; There's such a lot of world to see. We're after the same rainbow's end, Waiting 'round the bend, My huckleberry friend, Moon River and me."

Years and years, song Henry Mancini, Andy Williams and Audrey Hepburn...my favorite!

I love you, Dad!

No comments: